Fudgey Sweet Potato Brownies
Posted on May 25 2017
The fact that I got my husband to not only try but- like these is enough of a reason for you to try it too.
Let us know what you think!
- 3/4 cup sweet potato puree
- 1 cup peanut or almond butter OR allergy-friendly sub (I used chunky Almond Butter)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp Oat flour
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips + more for the top, optional
- 1/4 cup organic granulated sugar of choice or xylitol
- 1 tbs Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 350 F. Line an 8-inch pan with parchment paper or grease well with avocado oil. In a bowl, gently warm the nut butter until it becomes easily stir-able. Then whisk in the sweet potato, maple syrup, and vanilla extract and stir until well combined.
In a separate bowl, stir together all remaining dry ingredients – make sure that baking soda is evenly incorporated. Pour dry into wet (not the other way around), and smooth into the prepared pan, scooping out batter and smooth into pain evenly Bake on the center oven rack 20 minutes. The brownies will firm up as they cool. (If they are still too gooey after cooling, loosely cover and let it sit in the fridge a few hours.) Frost with homemade chocolate frosting or eat plain with goats milk ice cream! This recipe is adapted from Chocolate Covered Katie's original with our own modifications!